Minor Trivia

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 12:13:27 +1200

Simon Phipp:

>Yelm was the ruler because Aether gave him that portion (or rather he
>exchanged the portion with one of his brothers). Yelm is the ruling god
>because he was created to be the ruling god by Aether.

You're talking about the Sun here. Pam was talking about how a God (who derived his power *from* the Sun) managed to become the ruler over the Pelorian Valley (and in doing so, achieved supremacy for the Solar Cult). Chalk and Cheese.

>Maybe the goddesses ratified the claim in the matriachal areas, but in
>Dara Happa they don't give two hoots about what the Goddesses think, I
>am afraid.

They don't *now*, but they *did* when Brightface became the ruling diety. Cultures change over time.

Me>>The Lodrili Priesthood is *suppressed* (because anybody who knows
>>or has access to Rebellion is a dire menace to society) save for a
>>few priests who are closely guarded.

>Maybe, maybe not.

I suppose I should correct myself here, for the word I should have said was *controlled*. Since Monster Man can be easily accessed at a great temple, they are generally suppressed and what few great temples there are, have High Priests that are handpicked by the rulers.

>Sheng Seleris was dethroned when the Lunar Empire rose up
>against him using the powers of Monster Man and the Gorgorma cult.

A peasant rebellion took place. Sheng was actually 'dethroned' by Magnificus in Kitor which is some distance away from the region of the rebellion IIRC.