Getting Old RQ Stuff in the UK!

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 13:13:34 -0700

WRT Nick Davison (& possibly others).

How can you go on about the difficulty of getting old RQ stuff and then NOT attend Convulsion. We sold at least one of just about every old RQ product (& related product) in the auction. Most (except the specials) went for very reasonable prices. Frex:

Gateway Bestiary	12 pounds
Big Rubble		25
Pavis			30
Borderlands		45 (but unboxed it went for 16 pounds!)
Griffin Mountain	50 (but without the map 20 pounds!)

While I can understand the frustrations of gamers in foreign climes who do not have a good local source I have little sympathy with Pommes who Winge and then don't come to one of the Greatest Gloranthan events. Especially when we try to stage it in a location which is relatively central!

So while I a very pro any attempt to help newbies get into Glorantha I think more established veterans should help themselves...

My personal opinion is that the Cosmology section of Cults of Terror is one of the greatest ways of getting into Glorantha. I hand a copy to new players as part of their start up pack.

Cheers

        Lewis