Re: mystery cults; Questlines; West Ralios

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 15:13:27 -0700

Thanks to whichever David answered my query about PC smiths.

Cults can have mysteries without being mystery cults. For example, everyone may know the myths, but the meaning may be revealed only to initiates (this is probably why only initiates are "transported" during worship ceremonies).

I just added the following to my Web page of Gloranthan products:

Questlines was the convention booklet for RQ-Con Down Under. It includes much background for a Far Point campaign, the Chaosium cult writeups of Hunter and Trickster, maps and population figures for Sartarite tribes, myths, fiction, and more.

(If Andrew Bean or MOB can provide ordering information, I'll add that.)

Nick Effingham wondered

> What the hell is the Proven Appearance of Arkat Movement

Alas, there seems to be no info about it in "The World's Greatest Tournament," but I'd still recommend this booklet as the largest (nay, only) publication of thoughts on Ralios. As I recall from the character descriptions, the Duchess of Tortun finally gave up on the Movement -- she converts to the Galvosti sect in 1625. Before then, I think she sincerely believed the prophecies. Tragically, if the LARPs are to be believed, she was only off by a few years.

> I'm trying to pull together a Safelstran campaign set just north of the
> Felster in Fiesieve.

I confess to knowing little of Safelster or Vesmonstran (Fiesive is in Otkorion and is not Safelstran), and would love to hear how you develop the area. Much of what I know about East Ralios is on the Web at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/ralios/ralios.html>. There's a bit on Otkorion in "TWGT." TotRM has published a Lankan Orlanth temple.

I also don't know how to obtain "TWGT," but I'm sure its editor, Ingo Tschinke <tschinke_at_mail.nord.de>, does.