Thunder Bird

From: Karin Goihl / Daniel Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 17:51:22 +0100

Hi all,
This is the remains of me after partly surviving Convulsion. I had a great time, of course. I represented the Praxians in the opening Heroquest wherein Suzanne so wonderfully played the roll of the Chaos Herd, to the delight and amusement of us all. I got to see her again after so long, oh, and her husband that Stafford guy too. Home of the Bold (my second time) went very well, with a big battle at the end. I am sure that others will soon be reporting more on that, as soon as they come back and regroup their braincells enuf. There were really neat Glorantha miniatures to buy, which I did. Many panels revealed all kinds of new thinking on many subjects. During my guest appearance as "The Veteran" in "Rune Metal Jacket" I managed to injure my leg as the Red Baby Goddess stopped me in the footrace. The game master Simon Bray thanked me very nicely for assisting, and considerately complimented me for assisting. Nick Brooke took me for a helicopter ride, and I found out things about Dan Barker's tongue that I won't tell you anything more about. Around ten to twenty of us spent a good part of the last evening with Greggy in a session of questions, discussions, and observations which developed aspects of familial bonding at the end. I finally acquired (thru legal purchase from RMM) a copy of this Entekosiad some of you have mentioned, (and two more for friends who couldn't come, which Greg then signed with his still-not-recovered hand), and some other things, like the compendium from the previous Convulsion. There is really much more to tell but that can be done when (if) I calm down a bit from all the excitement.

John Brown: Thunder Bird is one of the three Feathered Rivals of Prax. They represent the three weather-affecting elemental powers, with Thunder Bird as the clouds which can dampen the sun's effects, which calm the winds, which again blow the clouds around. If no one else gets around to looking in their copy of Nomad Gods (not RQ2) to quote you what is written there then write again with any further query's on the subject, and I will write you more.

The Godlearners did not come about as a result of RQ playing. Greg used to try to combine different mythologies into a universal model.

You can deal with your player who cheats by using his own method. Simply double the percentages of his opponents' skills, and maybe report any of their fumbles as criticals. You don't have to tell him this, as he doesn't ask for your approval of his behaviour either. Don't forget that all of his own opponents' combat spells are on automatically, but only as long as they aren't fighting anyone else. Fair is fair.

I'm going to quit now, so I can finally wash some of the sweat and filth from what is left of me. England was uncommonly warm and humid.

  VIOLENCE: not just another option, but a way of life. Daniel Fahey