Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #65

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 19:27:06 -0500

> From: RMEINTS_at_aol.com

> Actually, what the BUTS campaign is really talking about is actively pursuing
> a felony conviction for copyright theft. Virtually everything published for
> RQ2 is copyrighted. Being out of print, hard to get hold of, etc. doesn’t
> matter. Just because a publishing company, like Judges Guild, is out of
> business is no exception. I know many of the gamers won’t mind only getting
> photocopies, but I’m sure many of the authors of those articles will. Ask
> Greg about his response when someone asked him to autograph a photocopy of
> Glorious Reascent.

Actually, Rick, one of the things Sandy noted that we'd have to do is to negotiate with Chaosium about copyrights. So far, I don't think anyone has actually attempted to do it, what with Convulsion and all. However, I don't think Sandy ever intended for us to get involved in copyright infringement; if Chaosium says no, there's no ifs, ands, or BUTS.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #66