BUTS

From: altfritz_at_apollo.kosone.com
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 13:31:36 -0400

High Guys,

        I'm a little behind on the digests, so i apologise if my comments are stale or off topic...

BUTS         It seems to me that any intro should involve a basic scenario/series of scenarios...similar to Apple Lane. Give them a sense of "community", then expand their scope...A caravan scenario similar to the old WD "On the Road" or based on Biturian Varosh would be good...take the PCs to Pavis, run Borderlands and then go from there...or take them to Far Point and on into the Stinking Forest [check out the RQAdventures page...looks good!] or into Shadows Dance...

        Re-printing Pavis,etc. would be required, of course! [i wouldn't pass up the Big Rubble given a second chance, so thats one sale right here!!! Maybe if AH pre-booked enough copies they'd do it?]

        I don't think stats-books are much good [i made very little use of Foes]. The most enjoyable games are those where the GM isn't preoccupied by stats! Check out Loren's "GoonQuest"...the best system though, is:

                01      = Fumble
                02-50   = Failure/No
                51-99   = Success/Yes
                00      = Critical!

        Combined with "vague" descriptions of personality, motives, spells,
abilities, etc this is all you need. Stats are for PCs not NPCs!
                                        Howard