Wild Magic

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 18:50:13 +0100

David the Cake:

> So, a mundane person who knows no spirit magic and is not initiated
>has no connection to the otherworld, and can thus cast no magic at all.
>Sorcery shows that it is possible for them to cast magic, but also shows
>that it is very difficult to do so in any reliable way.

I am of the opinion that every living creature carries a piece of the otherworld within. That's why they have POW.

Sorcerers draw upon their personal 'otherworld' to do magic. I don't think it's difficult to create magic - just pump in enough MP and something will happen. The big difficulty lies in creating the magical effect you wanted. That's where the magic system comes. Every sorcerer uses some kind of system to produce (more or less) reliable magic.

> I think that there are a lot of ways to interact with the
>otherworld that are capable of creating magical effects without any spell
>casting taking place.

Definitely.