Secrets; Cragspider; etc.

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 15:03:04 -0700

[I'm resending because I missed seeing it; I apologize if it's a duplicate]

Jose Ramos wrote

> Concerning secrets in cults, I have always considered that the smaller
> the cult, the bigger role is played by secrets.

Almost certainly the case (if only because it's harder to keep a secret the larger a group gets).

Speaking of secrets, does anyone have any good theories (I don't think there are any facts) on exactly what Lokamayadon did? One possibility is that he formed an Orlanth Imperator cult (as the only way to rival the renascent Dara Happan Empire). Such a cult required a single focus of worship, and it had to be him. If this theory is true, I don't think Lokamayadon set this all up for personal gain.

As for French products, my Web site links to several French sites, which seem woefully incomplete. However, La Toile d'Arachne Solara is the best-produced fanzine I've seen (color covers of Tales notwithstanding). Unfortunately, I'm still slogging through it, but that's due to the low level of my Read French, not the quality of the material.

My Japanese is even worse, but I'll bet there's some original material floating around.

I second the call for a good introductory bit on Glorantha. It's something I keep meaning to write myself.

If anyone has photos from Convulsion, I'd be happy to post them to my Web site.

Those of us who've been gloating over our Australian copies of the Entekosiad: gloat no more. Greg showed me a copy before he left for Convulsion, and the new edition is not only completely green, but has a substantial amount of new material. I can't wait to get a copy.

Simon Phipp wondered about Cragspider. She almost certainly attacked Delela, in East Ralios (see KoS.187; if you know more about the Vindori and Noramland please let me know!) during the Second Age. I think she's got to be a Mistress Race troll -- when was she anything else?

Rest assured that if I had been the BUTTS Arbiter, no copyright violation would have occurred. (Reading between the lines of Joerg's comment, Greg had other plans for the material so nothing will happen.)

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> NO ZUKES! Stop zucchini proliferation.