A few things that've caught my eye...

From: Paul Edson <wespee_at_erols.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:47:44 +0000

I've been reading furiously (I'm a freelance musician and summer is a fallow time at best) and thought I'd toss out some things that have caught my attention.
  1. Eurmal. I've always been a sucker for Trickster gods. (Is there a real cult write-up for Eurmal around? 'Tain't in _Gods_)
  2. Count Julan and his Coders, from _Strangers in Prax_. The presence of these folks seems to make the whole Lunar Empire less of a black/white issue. (Someone's mentioned this in the digest within the past few weeks.)
  3. Ralkazark the Broo King from _Dorastor_. (Actually, I thought the whole Risklands scenario was well done. Gives the PC's a tie to the land they're adventuring in, rather than having them barge in and start swinging.)
  4. The Blue Moon (Annilla). Secrets in general fascinate me, but has anyone else noticed the similarity between the description of her Spirit of Reprisal expunging _all_ outsiders who have learned cult secrets and the actions of the Gift Carriers of the Sending Gods regarding the ever-popular Forbidden Secret in the era of the God Learners?
  5. The Sartar High Council section in _Wyrms Footprints_. Both for the background and for yet another way to establish for players the fact that their characters' actions affect the world at large, not just their treasure chests and attributes.

Enough meandering for now,
Paul Edson.

Paul Edson
wespee_at_erols.com