Firshala

From: Al Petterson <aamp_at_oro.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 14:07:29 -0700

Paul Edson writes:
>The QUERY: Where, both geographically and reference-wise, does one
>find Firshala? Sounds interesting, but I can't find her in any of the
>stuff I have... (I know, you find her on the God Plane...)

No, actually she's not on the God Plane at the moment. Firshala, the Spirit of Fire, is bound between two pillars standing in the Elder Wilds, published in the absolutely sensational Griffin Mountain (good frigging luck finding it). If her cult could be started it would be somewhat gender-bent; for all that she's a fire goddess, she seems very antithetical to Yelmalio, though this isn't explicitly stated.

My one-player-by-email Balazar campaign died in the early stages of the heroquest to free her (the simplistic method given in GM is one of the few lame bits in the book). I've been meaning to write up the heroquest, though I was hoping to have run an actual playing of the quest to fine-tune it first.

My Firshala (this is not canon) is the Godtime daughter of Gustbran and a female shaman of the Votanki (the indigenous population of Balazar, from before the citadels). She has been bound between the pillars since before Time began for an unusual reason... but that's neither here nor there, at least not yet.

Al