My ideas are yours for the stealing

From: Nick Effingham <wal_at_eff.u-net.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 23:38:47 +0100

Al Petterson:

>I find myself in need of ideas for a Yelornan mythic reenactment that will
>be unpleasant but non-fatal for a small group of player-character Vingans
>who have been more or less forced to participate. Anyone have any ideas I
>could shamelessly steal?

 A myth between the two *might* be something like this: Vinga spots some lovely horses that she thinks would be a brilliant gift to her brother/father Orlanth in an effort to get onto his Iron Council. Especially because they have some odd and funnily shaped horns on their heads. She looks around and takes them after a bit of trouble rounding them up (unicorns aren't noted for their ease of movement; and Vinga isn't noted for her viginity). Then Yelorna descends from the Stars, breaks open into a fight with her and finally defeats her. Then she demands, and receives, any single task from Vinga -- such as going to the Black Lord's Castle and recovering many more unicorns stolen from her before the evil troll god devours them for magic. In this she suceeded, but forever held against the prissy unicorn ridding snob.
 In your game the adventurers may be told that they will be showered with honour and rewards if they bring back a unicorn from the nearest forest. Excellent, they think, can't be that hard. Then the Yelornan's take an intrest and (hopefully) defeat the characters and the PC's are ritually obligated to oblige any single wish of the Yelornans. "Oh," they say, "we've been having some problems with trolls at the moment." and lo and behold the players find themselves in the middle of a troll cavern unlocking the chains to various unicorns that the UZ have stolen. The players might even meet Troll Questers doing their own rituals by stealing the unicorns. In fact, there miht be a full blown HQ here :) Oh, and remember, the Vingans might then return and start their own Practice Quest based upon a ritual wherein Vinga got her own back on Yelorna. But then this is how wars start ;)

On a seperate note: I was last night contacted by thr Holy Spirit Of the Digest and now lead the Proven Appearance of Loren Movement. It beckons me to ask why the Digest is suffering... problems, at this current point in time. But seriously, and I *really* am not trying to annoy Loren who does an amazing job keeping this List together, but does anyone know why odd things are happening (i.e. mis-mails, lost issues, odd E-mail addresses and the message with nothing contained within that appears perodically).

Nick E.

Nick the Shaman of Thed E-Mail:wal_at_eff.u-net.com

I thought Britain was Dorastor without broo, but then Sandy made it all clear to me.