Beer

From: Paul W. Stolar <pstolar_at_ic.waseca.mn.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 1996 16:52:05 -0700

All this talk about beer has made me very thirsty. I cannot remember all of the details, but in the real world, beer was very significant. It was considered to a gift from the gods and allowed one to communicate with them. If I remember correctly, the Babylonians spent over 50% of their grain on beer production. I suspect that in some societies in Glorantha, that the beer god(des) imbues the god's essence into the flavorless much (with proper ritual, of course). i also suspect that this god(des) is revered far more than the grain goddess.