Re: Glorantha Digest

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 1996 20:46:00 -0700

I stand corrected on Cragspider's species. As for my duplicate posts, I send them all to the same place, so I'm baffled.

David Boatright threatened

> I will end this rant by saying that I will promote RQ\Glorantha by scanning
> stuff for people or providing sources that I have, without a glossy
> cover, and probably not spell checked. Just like this.

In the USA, at least, that's called copyright violation. Even if you think it's worth breaking the law, looking at the big picture, it's hard to see how distributing bootleg copies helps RQ or Glorantha -- this doesn't create a demand for anything, and doesn't result in the creation of new products.

It's obvious you have no regard for Greg Stafford and his work if you're going to pirate it. If Greg doesn't want his work xeroxed and distributed, that's the end of the story as far as I'm concerned.

> BTW the end of the week I should be putting up some Aranwyth stuff

Original stuff! Yeah! That's what Glorantha needs.

BTW, you still have a WINMAIL.DAT attachment. Perhaps you should complain to Microsoft?

Michael Raaterova

> The performers of a [HQ] ritual decide themselves how hard the resistance
> and difficulty is going to be, and the difficulty rating acts as an effect
> multiplier for the consequences.

This sounds very reasonable. I'd add a random factor, however -- you might think you're taking it easy one year, but that might be the year the trolls decide to go for the tough heroquest.

Mike Cule wondered

> 2) Can anyone explain what the Ygg's Island Vikings, variant Orlanathi, are
> doing waaaaay over there, far away from the main body of Orlanthi culture?

While it's true the Barbarian Belt doesn't quite get to the coast, Junora is very close. Who's to say what has happened in the past?

And although it probably happened to the south, Harmast's LBQ involved physically travelling to the western ocean. Other full LBQs might as well, and there could be some influence.

And of course, there's Umathela, which is even further away from the mainstreamOrlanthi lands.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com> Glorantha/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> NO ZUKES! Stop zucchini proliferation.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #79