RQ ain't heavy... it's my brother... (

From: Martin Declan Kelly <declan_at_teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 00:13:54 -0700 (PDT)

> >begin 600 WINMAIL.DAT
> >M>)\^(_at_(,`0:0" `$```````!``$``0>0!@`(````Y 0```````#H``$-@ 0`
> >M`_at_````(``@`!!) &`$ $```"````% ````,``# %````"P`/#@`````"`?\/
> >M`0```%\`````````_at_2L?I+ZC$!F=;@#=`0]4`@````!G;&]R86YT:&% :&]P
> >etc. etc. etc.
>
>Assuming your spelling hasn't taken a turn for the worse, and this
>is actually a dissertation on the mythic significance of the names of
>the rule books in Worlds of Wonder, I for one can do without 100+ lines
>of this gibberish at the end of your posts.
>
>Cheers
>
>MOB

At the risk of mockery, I'll begin this post with a non-Gloranthan reference... p'raps David is so glum because he's been forced to use Microsoft Exchange... the worst email client in the world, and the source of the attached winmail.dat file. Get Eudora David. It's free, and it's not shit.

As to availability of RQ material, or RQ being 'fucked'... I'm inclined to differ... there's a wealth of material available at my local store, plus RQII material is still doing the 'rounds... it's one of the best supported games on the 'net.. (I'm currently putting together my own RQ page.. "Tales from the Last Frontier"), there are plenty of variants out there (I have RQIII, RQ: AiG and Pendragon Pass stuff kicking around).. some of the material sucks, some is okay and some is great.. so what.. most games have that kinda spread: it gets magazine coverage, and has one of the best dedicated 'fanzines' (I use that term advisedly) of any game in *or* out of print... lively discussion and development is ongoing...

        ..basically, what I'm saying is that compared to some other great games (Jorune, EotPT, Ars Magica) RuneQuest is in pretty good shape for a "dead" game. I have plenty of experience carrying the corpse of dead games, believe me, and when it comes down to it... RQ ain't that much of a dead weight.

Declan
- --
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars...