Valind

From: Michael Raaterova <michael.raaterova.7033_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:44:24 +0100

Simon says:

>The Orlanthi culture recognises Valind as Orlanth's brother and a part of the
>Storm Pantheon. Many Orlanthi actively court the god of Winter in order to
>strike at their foes, whether they be Lunars, Dara Happans, Pentians or
>whatever.

I agree that most orlanthi recognise Valind as a part of the pantheon, albeit a pretty peripheral part. The extent of the active courting of Valind results in the rune spell of Snow, so i guess it's not so active after all.

Only desperate, deranged or strange people actually learn the greater secrets of the Winter Storm, to strike against their foes. I guess there's not a lot of them around, and most of them live on glaciers on snowcovered mountaintops.

IMG Valind is a Bad thunder brother (not Evil like Gagarth, Daga and Ragnaglar, though) and is preferred to be hanging around the lands of the enemies. He is not especially, even if he is sometimes tolerated, welcome at the home of the pantheon. The same goes for Storm Bull.