Various

From: David Boatright <aranwyth_at_mail.enterprise.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 15:24:00 +0000

Nick Effingham ===========

> And BUTTS would be chopped Broo liver then would it? We don't need
> an
>official word, just because someone works at Chaosium or AH and says
>that RQ and Glorantha should be wholeheartedly supported doesn't make
>it so. All we need are more of the same things as Tales, or
>Conventions, or even just Web Pages dedicated to RQ.

We need more consistent publishable material something that can be put out on a shelf . Glorantha\RQ is probably losing more players per year than it is gaining.

> I'm not slandering you, or hurling abuse, but you seem a little
> defeatist.
>I am a new addition to the hoards of Gloranthan lovers, having only
>played for two years, so to that shows that the system isn't
>relegated to those who just started playing it in RQ II edition.

You have not noticed then that since you started playing at most one product, apart form fanzines, has been published.

> Also, I would point to the English magazine Arcane, which seemingly
> gives a
>lot of support and more than a few mentions to RQ. Perhaps the new RQ
>will be a breath of ife to the system.

I take it you never actually read a copy. All Arcane material is generic. Unless of course you actually mean Valkyrie.

>Although I am interested in Greg's Nail in the Coffin, whatever that
>is.

As I said email. Greg may be sure of his legal position but I am not.

David Dunham

> I will end this rant by saying that I will promote RQ\Glorantha by
> scanning stuff for people or providing sources that I have,
> without a glossy cover, and probably not spell checked. Just like
> this.

>In the USA, at least, that's called copyright violation.

I was not talking about 'published' sources. I think most of the people on the list are probably like me, i.e. buying stuff that they already have to support RQ\Glorantha e.g. Apple Lane, Snakepipe Hollow and Wyrms Footprints. And are you telling me the RMM crew don't fire Greg and Sandys unpublished stuff amongst themselves.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #81