Re: cheating

From: Brad Stradley <wstrad_at_tenet.edu>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 11:49:36 -0500 (CDT)

This makes most everyone uncomfortable. The sad thing is that it is the failures that make the game more interesting. If one finds that they need to confront a cheater it is best done in private and in a nonjudgemental way, the first time. Of course, the rules lawyer will make excuses ect. and most likely deny the whole event. Do not let this person get under your skin. If you are in my situation, in a town with few gamers and these are the best you could find and feel the need to keep them around then you modify the game to the point they no longer know what they need to succede. This is what we did with such a fellow. We inverted the matrix randomly. I.E. one time he would need to roll high instead of low, and vice-versa. This alone should stave off some of the cheating, because then cheating becomes detrimental. TTFN,
 Brad