networking & the death of RQ

From: Howard Fielding <altfritz_at_apollo.kosone.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 1996 13:14:45 -0400

Hi Guys,

       First off, may i say that RQ/Glorantha will not die [despite AH]...this digest and the fact that people will travel the world over to participate in LARP's is proof of that! Those that have taken the time and effort to post stuff on their Web Sites are to be commended and applauded! The recent BUTTs initiative is also to be commended...however, is it enough???

        It seems to me that Scott[Delecti], and Simon [Phipps] and Nigel
[Smith] have the right idea...information about obscure sources [like KOS]
or figures [Dragonclaw Miniatures] and local shops where they may be found
[like "Just For Fun"] are important...if everyone scoured their local shops,
talked to the owners and got the relevant info and then posted the results then maybe we could help all those frustrated RQers out there! It won't substitute for their imagination, but it might get them a copy of Apple Lane or Snake-pipe Hollow! I myself just picked up KOS [from "Just For Fun"] and would like to find a copy of "Big Rubble"

       Locally [Kingston, Ontario] there is nothing available...in Ottawa there is FandomII; i'll try to find out if they have anything. I picked up my first copies of TORM there [and was re-addicted]!

        <apologies to Martin for typing in the Third-person!>

                                                Howard