vadeli versus yggites

From: Durupt Jean <durupt_at_cc.ec-lyon.fr>
Date: Thu Mar 20 10:07:10 1997

Hi all,

If the red Vadeli and the Yggites fight a naval battle, the outcome will be yet another bloody draw.

Ship versus ship, the Vadeli are superior, but without the blues they have difficulties on the squadron level. That's why the battle at Oenrico's Rock was a bloody draw.

If the blue Vadeli are present, only Harrek can save the Wolf Pirates.

My own heretical opinion about the Vadeli.

Before the Dawn, Zzabur sank the Vadeli lands. He killed all the blue, all the red and 90% of the browns. Thanks to his actions, the Waertagi enjoyed a naval supremacy on the western seas.

This supremacy ended at the battle of Tanian' s victory when the Jrustreli made the sea burn.

They tried to invade Brithos. Zzabur casted two great spells. The first wiped the seas from surface navigation. Its secondary effect was to bring back the Red Vadeli into the world (on the red vadeli islands).
The second hid Brithos in the Brithos fog. I believe that there is a path through the mist that allows a ship to go to the island, and that the ancient Brithini still live. Its secondary effect was to bring back the blue vadeli into the world. (i'd place the blue vadeli islands north west of the red vadeli islands).

The waertagi were affected by the Closing (Zzabur's first spell). Some of them went down Magasta's Pool.
A century later they were back on the sea surface. (it took this ammount of time for the fireberg to do the same travel). They knew that there was a curse on the sea, and they learned that it affected any ship that tried to leave the shore. Their surviving ships were damaged, they had spent so much magic to navigate the ocean of eternal return that they did not dare to break the curse. (I say that since their dragonship are creature of the sea they are immune*, but they did not know that)

When Dormal sidestepped the Closing, his reward was to find the Red Vadeli.
Both races managed to dominate the trade between Loskalm and Pamaltela.

After some time, the Waertagi learned Dormal's ritual. They began their search for their ancient drydocks. There is one in Sog, and maybe two on Brithos. The first dragonship landed in Sog around 1625 (for the seventh malkioni council).

Sooner or later someone will find the way toward Brithos. One good candidate his one of the captains who went with Argrath around the world.
His reward will be to find the blue Vadeli ...

With his discovery, the Waertagi can repair their ships. The Brithini can enjoy the new that the Vadeli are back, that the Waertagi want to find who made the Closing so that they can sink his land.
And the Vadeli can ,well, thank Zzabur for his help in coming back. <evil grin>

*it was sandied but I prefer this version

I'll have to unsubscribe from the digest, so I won't be able to answer question about my theory.

	Peace
		Jean