LBQ and IFWW

From: ian (i.) gorlick <"ian>
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 1996 16:59:00 -0400

Michael Raaterova in GD v3 #84 argued that in Sacred Time the Orlanthi celebrate the I Fought We Won while they celebrate the Light Bringers' Quest in Storm Season. (At least, that's what I think he meant.)

I would propose actually that both the LBQ and IFWW are celebrated in Sacred Time. Both events are related to saving and renewing the world. My take on it would be that the LBQ is celebrated over several days and then the IFWW is enacted as a climax during the later part of the Sacred Time.

As he says, IFWW is a more universal event than the LBQ, so it probably is very widely celebrated in Sacred Time rituals across the Lozenge. I would suggest that from the Orlanthi point of view, LBQ was an essential element leading up to IFWW and they would link the celebrations.