RE: vadeli versus yggites

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_toppoint.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 96 19:45 MET DST

Durupt Jean wrote:

>If the red Vadeli and the Yggites fight a naval battle,
>the outcome will be yet another bloody draw.

>Ship versus ship, the Vadeli are superior, but without
>the blues they have difficulties on the squadron level.
>That's why the battle at Oenrico's Rock was a bloody
>draw.

>If the blue Vadeli are present, only Harrek can save
>the Wolf Pirates.

I agree about Red Vadeli vs Wolf Pirates. While the Wolf Pirates are a mean bunch and tough fighters, they lack the (personal) magical coordination a Red Vadeli has. As crews, they _might_ be superior. However, this applies to the Wolf Pirates who separated themselves from their native islands and people, not the remaining Ygglings.

The Wolf Pirates have left Ygg's Isles, leaving a less warlike populace behind (since they settled south of the Holy Country around 1606, I suppose the Orstando rebellion occurred around 1602 +- 3 years). From these, Harrek recruited the warlike people of the next generation in or around 1617, when he left with his ship, the Ice Serpent. I expect the remaining Ygglings to be still not that peaceful, but to remain relatively quiet for a couple of years, until the next generation of warriors comes of age. Will they join the KoW to get even with the Loskalmi oppressors? Not unlikely, IMO.