Hazy-uh?

From: Karin Goihl / Daniel Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 1996 18:19:39 +0100

I am currently unaware... I mean, of any laws anytime before the last century in the "real world" concerning "drugs" in any way. There were probably laws among some Mayas about who was allowed to use chocolate, and other such restrictions to reserve certain activities to the nobility, but why would any society have had outright prohibitions against a substance? Maybe there were laws against the use or production or sale of hashish in some middle-eastern states because of its' association with the hashishan/assassin group/cult/sect, and attemps to supress the group. Just guessing, I figure prohibitions against so-called "drugs" are mostly a recent phenomenon having something to do with the spread and increase of media and governments needing to gain approval and make points with the populace, and the power of these trends. (Was that a sentence? Did it make sense? Is it just more proof that the un-educated should be prohibited from writing? Hemp was restricted in the U.S.A. during the thirties (?) as a result of a media campaign by Randolph Hearse in an attempt (successful) to protect his assets from a competitor. Just going from hazy memory there. We all know about alchohol prohibition. Absinthe was prohibited in this century. LSD was prohibited in the sixties as a result of news reports designed to attract readers/hearers/watchers with panic-making exagerations.

  I can see the Sun Domers prohibiting all sorts of behaviour. Er, now that I've writen all this I seem to remember that the Koran prohibits the use of alchohol. I think Hazia was just something put in by MOB for MGF.

  Basmoli might not be affected by hazia, but there might be something like catnip. That could provide some entertaining situations.

Stephen Stair wrote something about the presence of powerful humakti killing small things, and that of powerful healers causing healing. While playing in our Dorastor campaign I thot that just saying the name Ralzakark might trigger a Storm Bull's sense chaos.

 LSD absorbes twenty five times its' own weight in excess reality. Daniel