myriad topics

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 1996 19:52:20 +1200

Nick Brooke:

>AFAIK, there were no Red Vadeli warriors at Oenriko Rock.

Hmm. We have records of the Vadeli sacking Pamaltelean Cities which did not pay tribute to them. It seems to me that this was done by the Reds (after which you wouldn't want to revolt again) as the Browns don't have the ability to carry it off.

>FWIW, nobody has yet proven that there are any Blue Vadeli alive and active in
>the world of Glorantha today, although it's obvious (for MGF) that if there
>aren't yet, there soon will be...

Um, one of the Tinimits Scenario in Elder Secrets? If any population of Blues exist, it is in Jrustela.

Carl Fink:

>The Mostali don't recognize the existence of Time itself.

Mu? They don't recognize that the Gods War is over, but I don't see why they have to deny the existance of Time because of this. Otherwise one could argue that they don't recognize the risen Sun because the Gods War is not ended yet.

>I suspect that if a Dara Happan were to ask Yelm directly, Yelm would
>say "Yes, my servant, I did agree with the Storm King to permit his
>continued raging, in order to preserve the World."

>And that Solar Priest would *lie* about it forever after.

Ye gods, it's a conspiracy! All religions are based on Lies and all Priests are Liars! Somehow I don't think so.

David Cake:

Me>>The Fortunate Succession mentions Proxies which appear to be automata
>>of some description. The Lunars learned it from Sheng Seleris who
>>apparently learned it from the Kralori. Think of Guardians carved from
>>Jade and you can't go wrong.

> While Peters idea is enchanting [...] I(t) doesn't really
>agree with the text of TFS. The Silver, Bronze, Brass and Bone Proxies
>actually appear to be merely Imperial flunkies delegated some of his
>magical duties.

Perhaps David needs to take a look at page 61 where there is a picture of a vicious mofo of a statue and above it can be found the following legend:

        'SELERIAN PROXY

	This statue is one carved in the image of Sheng Seleris and left
	behind after he plundered the Moon.  It and its companions
	resisted fiercely, but all were destroyed save this one, which
	now houses the spirits of all eleven statue.  This is on display
	in Glamour, in the Court of Conquest'

I do not believe as a result the Proxies mentioned later on are human as a result.