Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #91

From: Carl Fink <carlf_at_panix.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 12:51:00 -0400 (EDT)

I asked whether the Goddess forbids her followers to repeat her Quest.

Nick writes:
> No, it's simply not true.

Oh. That explains it, then.

I wasn't asking if She forbids heroquesting per se, understand, just repeating her specific quest.

[me]
> >The Mostali don't recognize the existence of Time itself.
>
> Mu? They don't recognize that the Gods War is over, but I don't
> see why they have to deny the existance of Time because of this.
> Otherwise one could argue that they don't recognize the risen Sun
> because the Gods War is not ended yet.

Surely they recognize the return of the Sun (and take credit for it), but according to sources I don't have with me here at work, they don't recognize Time - that is, they don't see any difference in the operation of sequence and causality before and after the Dawn.

They also don't see any difference since The Day the Magic Changed. Some things simply aren't perceived.

> Ye gods, it's a conspiracy! All religions are based on Lies and all
> Priests are Liars! Somehow I don't think so.

No, not "all" priests. Just some of them.

I admit to being strongly prejudiced against authoritarian, hierarchial religions, FWIW.

This goes back to my "there must be a discoverable, correct answer" thing that so many on this list disagree with. I think there must a correct answer to the question "Did the gods agree to a Compromise as told about in the LBQ stories?" My last message assumed that the answer was "Yes, pretty much as told by the Orlanthi."

Several people advise me to read _The Entekosiad_ - I can't, can I? I mean, it isn't yet available, right?