Last primitive magic?

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 96 21:31:15

Peter M:
>I seem to have erred. What I was attemping to get across was that
>primitive people *now* will have more sophisticated magic than their
>ancestors.

No, I agreed somewhat with that, even if it didn't come through in the rather muddled post I wrote while obviously being too tired to compose my thoughts coherently.

These arguments make sense, but they are not necessarily true in _my_ Glorantha. For example, I like the thought that the shamans have learned their art from the first shaman, the Horned Man or whatever he is called in a specific culture. He's a mythical being from the Philosophical Age and he has handed down pretty much shamanism as it is today. Or perhaps rather: as "powerful" as today. The intervening years have of course caused cultural diversity.

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.angelfire.com/pages1/nilsw/index.html