Blue Meanies

From: Cheiron <cheiron_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 12:24:55 -0700

Lately, there's been some debate on the whereabouts of the missing Blue Vadeli. Personally, I always thought that the enslaved Blues of Pamaltela were the shattered remains of the Blue Vadeli caste. Off the top of my head I remember they once controlled a vast Empire dedicated to Artmal and the Blue Moon, but couldn't these be distorted rememberences of (or even God Learner misinformation about) the Vadeli sea domininence? I always thought it would be fun to run a Pamaltelean campaigh where the characters were oppressed Blues struggling for freedom, keep it going for a while, then, when all looked darkest, have a bunch of Red Vadeli show up, bow down to the lowly Blue PCs and pronounce them masters of the seas.

On a side note, one of my oldest RQ characters was an Esrolian from a region known as "New Vadeli," inhabited by "descendents of refugees of a lost people." Now this was ages ago (15+ yrs) and I had no idea who the Vadeli were. One day the GM (who was an RQ II playtesters and part of the Chaosium house campaign) casually mentioned that my character (and one or two other PCs) had blue skin. Now, I'm still running this character (off and on) and after 15 years of RQ he is by far my most frightening character (you know the type, Humakti of involved I admit I mostly like this idea for , , I offer the following theory: