Blue Vadeli, Mostali Clones

From: martin <102541.3423_at_CompuServe.COM>
Date: 02 Aug 96 16:53:10 EDT

I Wrote
>> Each Blue [Vadeli] is a cog in the "machine", a facet of the gem, all dedi-
>> cated to supplanting all other life with the Blue Vadeli overman or
inheritor.

Nick Brooke Replied:
>First hornless red broo, now beardless blue dwarfs... The sentiments are OK,
>maybe it's the language I'm having problems with. What is the difference
between
>the scheming outlook of your Blue Vadeli and that of the Mostali?

Gluurk! They are NOTHING like Broo or Mostali!

Let me ask you this: If your village was sacked by the Wolf Pirates, then the Red Vadeli then some wandering Loskalmi would you say they were all the same people and culture just because they did the same thing????

What you are saying is this:
Because the Red Vadeli rape they have to be like Broo Because the Blue Vadeli coordinate and plan long term, they have to be like Mostali.

This seems to be a strange way of looking at things to me. Its not _what_ a people do that defines them 100%, its _why_ they do it. Look at the motivations, not the actions.

The Red Vadeli Rape to create suffering which both strengthens them individually and gives them the strength to create more Red Vadeli. This is not at all like the Broo corruption of life using the power of chaos. The children of Ragnaglar rape to pervert structured fertility with the power of chaos. Its a _desecration_ with no purpose other than to desecrate. For the Red Vadeli its a corruption with a purpose. There is a subtle but important difference here.

Mostali are parts of their machine and have little individuality, or want it. They have no freedom to speak of nor would they understand it. They are totally linnear in thought and action.

Blue Vadeli cooperate to achieve their racial goal but their cooperation is like the cooperation a football crowd achieves while singing "You'll never walk alone". When the match is over (and during) they are all still individuals who mostly never meet each other in their entire lives but for that purpose of supporting their team, they are of one mind and action. THATS Blue Vadeli cooperation and thats why they are so scary.

Perhaps I should have been clearer with my language but I don't automatically associate the word "Machine" with"Mostali or "rape" with Broo hence the problem.

Martin Laurie