Hazia

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 00:30:53 +0100

David Cake says
>>Joerg claims Hazia is legal in the Lunar Empire.
>
> I'm with David - source? Is this Gregs current opinion? I tend to
>feel that hazia is illegal, or at least the trade is - otherwise lots of
>Prax based plots about the suppression of the trade don't make a lot of
>sense.

        Someone asked Greg & Sandy at the Lore Auction whether (or Why) Hazia was illegal in the Lunar Empire. Their opinion was that it wasn't, but...It is illegal in Sun County (and maybe other areas too) and might well be forbidden to certain classes of people, or at certain times (RW Exaample was Alcohol, which can not be drunk by minors, soldiers on duty, people who are driving . . .).

        Of course Alcohol has the other advantage as a parallel, as you can't legally sell it without a licence, and manufacture of certain types is restricted,

        Another parallel might be Methadone, which is issued to registered addicts - (read Lunar college of stoned magics) - but the freelance supplier would not be looked kindly on by the authorities.

There is a difference between "Not banned" and "Freely available and acceptable"

| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| A foolish consistancy is the hobgoblin of little minds - R.W. Emerson |