Braindead powergamers

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 96 12:07:53

Cheiron:
>You know the type, Sword of Humakt,
>heroquester, seven feet tall, three uses of Sever Spirit, could fight
>blindfolded and still crit more than he fumbled. Shit, I think I've
>just unmasked myself as a brain-dead power-gamer.

Since when did high-powered games/characters equate power-games/gamers? After all, the epic sagas are usually about the larger-than-life heroes and their larger-than-life struggles.

While this looks like it's written with the tongue planted firmly in the cheek, it makes me sad every time somebody apologizes for running a game with characters of epic proportions.

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.angelfire.com/pages1/nilsw/index.html