Vadeli

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 03:14:33 +0800

        On the whole Vadeli (blue particularly) thread, may I just count myself in with MOB that
> Personally, I feel that the clinical,
>mechanical details of these processes are better left vaugely alluded to
>and imagined.

        I find that for me MGF is definately served by the vague knowledge that Brown Vadeli eat their children to gain immortality, Red Vadeli murder for magical reasons, and Blue Vadeli reproduce in disgusting necrophilic acts. Not only are the precise details of their disgusting acts unnecessary and exceedingly graphic ('face down!' I cry, having just looked at the GM horror stories on Rich Staats web page(http://198.3.128.48/gmhor.html)), but I prefer them to be a little mysterious for other reasons. Its more fun as a GM to be able to vaguely indicate horrible things without having to sweat the details of whether there is an adequate corpse supply, and you don't need to spend too much time worrying about questions like
>Communal Necrophila is not feasible as their ritual makes it purely a personal
>act and remember that they are not allowed to ejaculate except during that
>ritual.

        And perhaps most importantly, to me the Red and Blue Vadeli descriptions sound too much like someone sitting down and trying to think up something either completely horrible and violent or completely disgusting, whereas they should be horrible and disgusting and extremely alien and bizarre - which impression is much easier to create if the details are left deliberately vague.

        Cheers

                Dave