Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #89

From: Karin Goihl / Daniel Fahey <goihlk_at_zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 1996 21:46:36 +0100

Mark wrote:

> I'm not sure if the Sunday night discussion was what David Boatright was
> referring to in his posts,

(It wasn't. I was at the sunday night one and heard what Joerg heard.)

 but David has made some fairly specific
> attributions to Greg, at least in his private reports. In fact, the whole
> point to my post was to find out if anyone who had been to the Con was
> willing to specifically refute what David claims Greg said.

(I wasn't present during what David was refering to, but it sounds like something Greg would say. I see little reason to doubt it, as Greg has been into his Glorantha the Game thing for years and is not happy with AH.)

  As it stands,
> having emailed David privately and read his brief report, there are
> essentially three options as I see it....a) David's report is an accurate
> representation of Greg's comments, in which case David was right all along
> and RQ is screwed

(RQ has been screwed for years.)

 (and please remember I am fully aware of the distinction
> between RQ and Glorantha), b) Greg said something _like_ what David said he
> said, but David has in some way misrepresented him or misinterpreted him or
> missed some contextual element, or c) for some reason David is playing the
> trickster and Greg never said anything even remotely like what David claims.

Greg has been out of RQ for years. He has often said things "like" that. Just because AH might be out of the RQ market doesn't mean anyone else will drop out. RQ has been "screwed" since AH started distributing it (or NOT distributing it, as those looking for it in stores have noticed) but is still going. Most of this from David about what Greg said is no secret and is nothing new. RQ stuff will still be published by other people as long as any of us are still alive. I've lived thru RQ catastrophes before, and so will you, and RQ. Look for the advantages. Greg will (hopefully) be working on gaming material for Glorantha! Sounds good, doesn't it? Daniel