Initiation of Shamans (fwd)

From: Majordomo <major_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:54:49 -0400 (EDT)

Forwarded message:
>From loren_at_hops.wharton.upenn.edu Mon Aug 5 02:16:47 1996
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 23:20:26 -0700 (PDT) Message-Id: <199608050620.XAA05532_at_desiree.teleport.com> X-Sender: declan_at_mail.teleport.com

It came up in discussion, while the general rules for most Gloranthan cults state an initiate cannot be shaman or sorcerer, one assumes this is due to the different world-views of said practicioners.... what if the shaman follows a tradition that is an integral part of the pantheon of the initiating god? Why can't a Kolating shaman be an initiate of Orlanth, or Storm Bull?

I know this should probably have gone to RQ rules... but it touches on a matter at the core of Glorantha... the relationships between gods and their worshippers.

Martin
- --
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars...

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #99