Red Goddess Quest

From: David Cake <davidc_at_cs.uwa.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 1996 22:34:23 +0800

        Woops, silly me. Nick is correct - I was confusing the Red Goddess Quest with the Seven Mothers Quest. Though the Seven Mothers Quest and the Red Goddess Quest do seem to be closely connected.

        And he is also correct that the birth of the Red Goddess is reenacted regularly in Torang, which I had forgotten - though is this the whole Seven Mothers Quest reenacted, or is it only the results of it? And, or course, I agree with him on the Lunar nativity play - small children dressed in animal costumes badly singing Lunar hymns to the blessed red baby is just too good to go past.

        And the theory that rituals that cast the Red Emperor in the place of the Evil Emperor is responsible for his bowel problems is also far too good to go past, and pretty well supported, as unpleasant physical problems where the results of similar rituals used against the Emperor in the past. If the rebels had really serious heroplane clout I'm sure parts of him would turn black and drop off.

        Cheers

                David