Red Vadeli Thoughts

From: Peter Metcalfe <P.Metcalfe_at_student.canterbury.ac.nz>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 13:34:13 +1200

Red Vadeli thots:

I've been reviewing the recent discussion about the Vadeli and have some comments to make. I think those who think that it is acceptable for Vadeli to miscenegate with other humans are mistaken as I do not know of any half-Browns. Because of this, I feel that the other Vadeli Races _should_ be endogamous. They were self-sufficient (incestously and so) during the days of the Kingdom of Logic and I don't see why they should be parasitical now.

I strongly dislike the Hornless Red Broo model of Red Vadeli. Given that the Browns are associated with Shit and the Blues apparently with corpses (although this does have a major problem in that during the Good Old Days of the Vadeli Empire, there was a _lack_ of blue corpses). The Reds, IMO, should have a similar element.

However there is one taboo which has not been touched upon yet: menstrual intercourse. I believe the Reds require copious amounts of blood to be able to procreate effectively. The Male also donates blood to enhance the conception rate (or perhaps their semen *is* blood...)

This gives us a good model to imagine what Red Females are like instead of saying they don't exist. They are perpetually broody and the most Reds have learned the finer arts of cruelty from their mothers. There is also the RW example of a Hungarian? Countess who bathed in the blood of virgins to prolong her good looks.

As an example of what the Reds might have, Nick some time ago sent me a passage from 'Nur and the Warrior Girl' which is part of the Arabian Nights. The Warrior Girl was a Byzantine Princess who converted to the True Faith after meting Nur. She then was seperated from him and recaptured by her parents who prepared her for rebaptism. This was to be achieved by using a huge basin which was full of the blood of a ship crew of Muslim Sailors less one (the fortunate Nur).