not a splatterpunk mailing list

From: Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 1996 22:16:08 +0000

Martin Laurie writes:

> I don't agree, much worse horror gets published everyday and lets face it, the
> word Necrophilia wouldn't even exist unless there were some sickos out there in
> the RW who actually _did_ these things! Imagine your reaction at meeting a
> homicidal necrophiliac in the real world!! Thats what I want to get accross to
> people, the sheer horror of it is mind bending.

unfortunately this is not a mailing list for budding Skipp & Spectors or Joe Lansdales. If you want to exercise your splatterpunk muscles there are tons of newsgroups and mailing lists, most with "disgusting" or "horror" in the title, that would be glad to have you. Glorantha is cruel, but it is not supposed to be even crueler than Kult.

> Besides, just read an early work of Clive Barkers or a better Stephen King short
> story and you'll find worse and they ain't censored are they?

Try to find one in a high school library.

whoah!

Loren Miller <loren_at_wharton.upenn.edu> Computer Guy <http://hops.wharton.upenn.edu/~loren>