ICK! Vadeli!

From: Guy Hoyle <guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 1996 00:49:31 -0500

I must say that the recent speculations on the Vadeli are not my cuppa joe. They just don't sound like they'd contribute Maximum Game Fun if you played 'em that way. Besides, I've never seen much to support this interpretation of them. Rumors of this kind of behavior might well abound, but I think that the Vadeli have probably been the target of anti-Vadelic propaganda.

Possibly the Vadeli have some ceremonies or even Heroquests where something like this kind of behavior occurs, but I don't think it could possibly be a part of daily Vadeli life.

We landed on the Brown Vadeli Isles in Sandy's campaign, very briefly; one memorable incident was when they used sorcery to dry up the water in our casks, then tried to sell more to us. Sandy made them out to be more like Phoenician sea-traders (think Ferengi without the fangs and head bulges).

Guy Hoyle (guyhoyle_at_chrysalis.org)

"He beats his fists against the posts and still insists he sees no ghosts."