MOB takes his Bat and goes home...

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 1996 22:30:12 +1000

G'day all,

MOB takes his Bat and goes home

Martin Laurie froths at the mouth:
>Hmm, your in danger of getting the cart before the horse here as I made
>those comments _after_ you had already blasted me for being "obscene".
>I am not in the habit of letting somebody repeatedly punch me in the
>face without on occasion hitting back.

I'm sorry if this, my original comment on your Vadeli post, constituted such a vicious bodyblow:
>>Martin goes on to provide us with WAY TOO MUCH INFORMATION about the
>>loathsome practices of the Red Vadeli, which nontheless has a
>>good Gloranthan feel to it.

(You'll recall that this 'blast' prompted Martin to retaliate, calling me a hypocrit and unfavourably comparing a very-much 'PG'-rated passage in "Rune Metal Jacket" to his own fervid 'NC17'-at-the-least-if-not-'X'-rated descriptions of bloodthirsty, necrophiliac rape-murders*)

>Whether under physical, verbal or textual attack I retaliate. If you
>don't like my retaliatory comments then don't start it in the first place.
>If someone headbutted you would you buy his complaints of poor
>sportsmaship after you broke his nose in return?????

I am beginning to see that Onslaught is, after all, an autobiographical character, particularly the bit about "talks as if he is only 30-40% deliberately to foster the belief...".

However, all your talk of physical retaliation, headbuttings and breaking of noses almost gives me the creeps as much as the obvious relish you took with your lingering descriptions of the Vadeli rape murders. Am I going to need a bodyguard if I come to RQ Cons IV or V?

And yes, I don't like your retaliatory comments - not to mention your inability to participate in a rigorous debate; take criticism, no matter how mild; or heed advice, no matter how patient and considerate - and so will refrain from commenting on any of your future postings regardless of whether I think them brilliant, offensive, thought-provoking, depraved, incisive, puerile or whatever.

   *Ironically, I could give Martin much more offensively apposite quotes     if he wants them from the MOB archive: "Moonson Awakens" or "Red     Emperor's No.2" anyone?

Martin concludes his latest long post:
>I resolve to take less offense in future, shit its just a game.

Hurrah!

MOB