Yet more Vadeli

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 96 23:04:54

Everybody seems to draw the following Vadeli colour parallells:

Brown Excrement
Red Blood
Blue Corpses

My original association was elemental:

Brown Earth
Red Fire
Blue Water

If this theory holds water there were perhaps in the beginning two more 'tribes', the white (air) and the black (darkness). I have no idea what happened to them, but I bet that's a key to the current day practices of the remaining Vadeli. E.g. the early Vadeli were assaulted and cruelly slaughtered in the Gods War, two tribes killed to the last man. Those few who survived of brown, red and blue turned to every means possible to stay alive, which in time turned into really revolting immortality magic.

As to the splatter debate. I think that the blues as unemotional, ruthless and totally superior beings are scarier than disgusting monsters. Think an immortal and magically potent mister Spock without a sense of right and wrong.

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.angelfire.com/pages1/nilsw/index.html