Re: Shamans

From: nilsw_at_ibm.net
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 96 22:04:16

Nick E:
>The Horned Man cult of unaligned shamanism is dead IMHO -- a God Learner
>fake. No culture worships him.

>In brackets are the gods that give them their shamanic powers. Personally
>I'd want to know where the hell the horned man comes from?

The Horned Man (or whatever his name is in a specific culture) isn't a god to be worshipped. He is the first shaman. The first person to set out on the shaman's path. He is still out there in the Otherworld, acting as an assistant teacher for the next generation of shamans, and the next...

Apart from teaching the usual shamanic stuff, he can also show you how to contact the gods.

>For example, here are the following major
>shamanistic cultures:

{list snipped}

You forgot one important one: the Hsunchen.

Martin Laurie:
>I see what you are getting at but I look at it from a GMs perspective. As a GM
>it really narks me not to know what these races get up to. Details are very
>important as they are superb source of scenrio information.

I might disagree with you about the (blue) vadeli, but here you are right on target. As a GM you want to know the "truth". Otherwise you will, sooner or later, be caught off guard with a situation you can't handle well.

Weinander            | Everything is dust in the wind Home:
nilsw_at_ibm.net       |

Office: nils_at_carasoft.se |
WWW: http://www.angelfire.com/pages1/nilsw/index.html