Shepelkirt (sp?) and the Compromise

From: Arkat_at_aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 02:45:46 -0400

In a message dated 96-08-13 09:06:01 EDT, Nick Brooke writes:

<< Have you forgotten that the Red Goddess is accepted as part of the Compromise? >>

I've been doing some thinking on this and I don't necessarily agree. In KoS in the Battle of Castle Blue story in the Orlanthi mythology part, it seems to me what the Red Goddess got was just recognition as a divine being. I don't think this is the same as being a part of the compromise. After all, it is common knowledge that the Red Goddess dwells on the Moon which is on the mundane plane. I think this clearly violates the Compromise. If she accepted it (the Compromise), wouldn't she have to surrender her free will to act directly on the mundane plane and go live on the god plane? I don't see the red orb in the Middle Air as the god plane. Does anybody else?

John Brown
Arkat_at_aol.com