Citizens on the Moon

From: Carlson, Pam <carlsonp_at_wdni.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 15:18:00 -0700

John Brown wonders:

> After all, it is common knowledge that the Red Goddess dwells on the Moon
which is on the
mundane plane. I think this clearly violates the Compromise.

I think the surface of the Red Moon is on the God Plane, as are the surfaces of all the moons & planets, the Sky, the peak of Wintertop, the bottom of the Hellcrack, etc. Dieities dwell in all these places. All IMO. David Cake wonders about citizenship and rights in DH. I agree with him that Yelmies are traditionally entitled to a Yelmic judge. HOTB also implied that Lunar citizenship was a valuable thing; it opened a world of rights and opportunites. (My character, Terpetia Bosky, wanted it desperately. As a citizen, she figured she could conduct business deals of almost any sort with impunity from the magistrate, as long as she didn't annoy any other citizens.)

 I'm certain that one has to be a citizen to be a senator. Likely one has to be a citizen to hold most political offices. My guess is that in modern times, one can be a citizen if both parents were. Dekdari may become citizens if they prove themselves worty, and having one parent citizen to speak for you helps a lot.

Pam