Re: Glorantha Digest V3 #119

From: Arkat_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 10:13:16 -0400

In a message dated 96-08-15 08:53:19 EDT, Robert McArthur wrote:

<< As for the RG's physical presence on the mundane world, Peter and others  have already pointed out that it is a manifestation, a by-product of her  being, rather than a breach of the Compromise.

Ok. I am convinced that the Red Moon is only the physical manifestation of the Red Goddess. Thanks to the folks who pointed this out.

I'd also like to thank Pam Carlson and Eric Rowe for pointing out that the surface of the Red Moon is indeed part of the God Plane. Pam's suggestion that other physical places like Wintertop could also be part of the God Plane has given me some ideas for my new campaign. Thanks Pam!

I still have one problem though and that's believing the Red Goddess has agreed to the Compromise. Like I said before, in the Orlanth and The Red Goddess story in KoS, it is only obvious that the Red Goddess only received recognition as a deity. This story still begs the question: Just because someone is acknowledged as a deity, does this necessarily mean that the new deity is a part of the Compromise? Is it said somewhere that in order to apotheosize, you must agree to the Compromise? I'd think you'd have to expressly agree to it and I've seen nothing to indicate an express desire on the part of the Red Goddess to do so.

Anyway I'd like to give kudos to Nick Brooke for his explanation of Jinna Jar. Our group has always sort of believed this but Nick did a great job of saying it clearly and succinctly. Good job Nick!

I'd also like to compliment Nick again on the "What My Father Told Me" Vadeli bit. It was very entertaining and it helps to understand a culture I'd never heard of before I got on the Digest.

John Brown
Arkat_at_aol.com