Seven and other mystical stuff.

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 23:51:19 GMT

Couple of the things Greg said at CONVULSION came back to me today while reading GROY.

Firstly he said that while mortal beings have 6 parts to them, the gods have seven and that's one of the secrets the Red Goddess had to discover to acheive her own god-hood.

I got to thinking: there are six elements known in Glorantha. Darkness, Water, Earth, Fire/Sky, Storm and Moon. Shouldn't there be a seventh? Is there a seventh, hidden element?

Another thing he said was (something I've heard him say before): the West is Glorantha's Mind, the Theist Lands are Glorantha's Soul and the East is Glorantha's Spirit. What are the other cultures? And how the galloping expletive deleted does he distinguish between soul and spirit?

Michael Cule
Actor and Genius

AKA Theophilus Prince Archbishop of the Far Isles Motto Nulla Spes Sit in Resistando (Resistance is Uslesss) Ask me about the Far Isles Medieval Society: Better Living through Pan-Medieval Anachronisms.

End of Glorantha Digest V3 #120