Why did Zzabur kill off the Blue Vadeli?

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 11:17:34 -0700

Hi All
  1. Sorry Ian for the misquote.

        Since I blew it last time, no names this time...

The question was why did the Brithini kill off the "supposedly" nicer Blue Vadeli and leave the Browns?

Firstly I dispute that the amoral, scheming, monomanics are in any way nicer than the rest of the Vadeli. Also remember that with them around the Vadeli operate far more effectively as a team. That's not a nice thought; how would you like to meet an effectively lead army or navy of Red Bastards? I think that even the KoW might have severe problems!

Secondly, and far more pragmatically, Zzabur needed their hide for a certain book he wanted to bind...

Makes you think, doesn't it! Who goes around telling us how bad the Vadeli are? And, what do they do? Nice, guys these immortal sorceror types, just don't let them touch you. Oh, and I've heard they burn quite well, must be something to do with being dried up walking corpses...

Cheers

        Selwi