More Pithdaros Agi Q's

From: Harry Bowman <hbowman_at_Morgan.EDU>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 13:17:47 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, again.

My well traveled PC's are soon setting sail from Fonrit, heading for Pasos and Nolos. They don't know about the Pithdaros Agi's, other than hearing about a migration many generations ago. Although they will need some time and a lot of luck to run the gauntlet to Pasos (its on their way home to Prax), I expect they will make it. They are intrigued by the migration story, and one of the PC's is a Woman-and-a-Half. So, when they arrive, I am going to steer them into an encounter with the Pithdaros Agi's. I have a pretty good idea what things in Pithdaros are like now, but want a backgrounder ready for when the PC's ask. In addition, I need some explanation of what the PA's are waiting for. That said:

Here are some thoughts and speculation and questions regarding the Pithdaros Agimori (no R rated gore, no Vadeli, just more pleading questions for answers):

According to Genertela, Crucible of the Hero Wars, the Pithdaros Agi's (PA's) arrive in Pithadros in 719. (p. 83) They are of "many tribal types" and presumably both men and women. The fleet numbers in the 100's, so there were many thousands of them. The population of Pithadros in 1620 is 120,000 or so (p.76), but it is unclear how many are PA's. They are integrated into the local population. (p. 83) I take this to mean that they have adopted local dress, social and economic structure, and also Rokarism (perhaps with some left over Pamaltelan stuff). In the over 900 years (very long time) since their arrival, the God Learners take over (by 734), are destroyed (1050 or so), and Rokarism is born. Quite a bit of upheaval.

Lords of Terror, on p. 26, has a lament, undated, entitled "11 Generations Late," referring to the gap between the end of Gbaji's last appearance to their arrival. The lament describes the journey of the PA's to Pithdaros in hope of battling Gbaji. They received a vision in Pameltela and moved to Genertela to fight. The lament mentions the White Shadow as a foe which slowed their arrival. What was the White Shadow? What too them so long to get there? What was this migration like?

So the PA's are ready and waiting for the signs for the return of Gbaji. OK, let's look at the list. Darkness on the fire. I don't know this one. Wolves on the water - Wolf Pirates? Death rides on the bear - Harrek or Lord Death on a Horse vs. Rathori? Dragon returns on a tide of blood - Waertagi dragon ships? Argrath will call a dragon; is this it? The lament says "Once he came against Pamalt, and once he came again" This means that the coming against Pamalt was before the famous arrival in Genertela. Hmm...intriguing, and I'm sure whoever wrote the lament (in the real world) knows what all of this stuff means, but I'd only be guessing to determine who Gbaji was against Pamalt (?Artmal?). This entity must have existed in the 1st age or earlier, but the GoG notes (p. 11) that during the 1st age 'in Pamaltela, little happened, except that humanity spread across the land.' Before that, who knows? Was it Vovisibor? Anyway, PA's want to fight Gbaji the next time it shows.

Would someone please tell me (and tell me the publication the info is in, if such exists)
1) What all the cryptic stuff in the lament means? (If you know who

     wrote it, I'd appreciate that, too.) 2) What the migration was like?
3) What the environment of Seshnela from 719 to 735 was like? (did the

      PA's convert peacefully? were they conquered?) 4) How I can get a copy of the 2nd Age Seshnela Map?

Thanks,

Hal Bowman hbowman_at_morgan.edu