Re: Chaosium + Glorantha -- Plans for the Future

From: Al Petterson <aamp_at_oro.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:38:41 -0700

Eric Rowe writes:

> GLORANTHAN RESURRECTION!!!
>
> Chaosium Inc. is pleased to announce the upcoming resurrection of the
> world of Glorantha, manifesting itself in several lines of books and
> games.

Yowza!

Finally figured out going down with the AH battleship wasn't the best path, eh?

Far freakin' out.

AH owns RQ mechanics, ergo Glorantha dumps RQ mechanics. Regrettable -- I like RQ -- but given AH's status this is by far the best possible path IMHO.

> This will begin with tabletop miniatures.

I have to wonder about the strategy of launching the product line with tabletop miniatures. But maybe things are different in Europe.

> Chaosium Inc. has lined up the talented Phil and Marion Anderson to
> edit the Gloranthan Fiction line. There will be a group of Gloranthan
> advisors to help in manuscript selection and creation.

Who dey? If Chaosium trusts them, I do (but then Chaosium trusted AH...)

> Chaosium Inc. has commissioned David Hall, editor of Tales of the
> Reaching Moon, to produce a new Gloranthan Role Playing Game.

Now _that_ rocks. Congrats to David and the Megacorp!! Pendragon Pass, here we come!

> These projects are not immediate. The first miniatures should start
> appearing by the summer of 1997 and the rest of the lines will follow
> them. However, we will not start them until we have at least a dozen
> products finished or almost ready to go for a line. Once they are on
> the market we intend to support them regularly and frequently.

What's happened to all the existing copyrights? Will any old stuff get refurbished and republished? Are we well and truly free of the AH lodestone?

al