Re: Kralori Hsunchen

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 96 18:31:03 -0500

Tim
>if a Kralori citizen in a hsunchen area were to befriend (for
>example) a deer hsuncheon shaman, perhaps saving his life, might the
>shaman offer his wisdom to the Kralori citizen in a gesture of
>gratitude and friendship and if so might that citizen actually learn
>something useful about spirit magic.

        You bet. Which is NOT the same as saying that he learns a spirit spell from the shaman. He might get a spirit from him, perhaps even a spirit that can cast the spell for him. Or the shaman might give him some kind of hsunchen gewgaw (like a crystallized mountain goat eye that can keep you from falling off precipices even in the dark).

        But while a Kralori could probably learn spirit magic if he hadn't gone too far down the Mysticism path, in general spirit magic is as hard for a Kralori to master as it is for a Malkioni wizard. Greg has said that a Malkioni would have enormous difficulty learning a spirit spell -- his mindset is just wrong for it. I agree. Ditto Mysticism. Using it, yes. Learning it, no.

Sandy P.