New to the Megacorp!

From: MOBTOTRM_at_vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 18:29:58 +1000

G'day all,

New to the Megacorp

Despite David Hall offering to increase my salary by a generous 150%*, after 7 years of distributing Tales here in the antipodes, I am ready to hand over to someone else. As of next week, I am leaving the world of elementary school teaching behind and starting a new job. I will however, continue as Associate Editor of Tales and contributor to diverse RMM productions.

Stepping into the breach, Andrew Bean has just rolled up his trouser leg and sworn the bloody oath, done unprintable things to a goat (the RMM 'test of holiness'), received his woggle and his decoder ring... and taken home a car boot-load of Reaching Moon Megacorp stock. In other words, he is taking over the reins as RMM's Australian distributor.

For those of you who don't know him, Andrew is already the Aussie distributor of Codex, RQ Adventures, New Lolin Gospel and the assorted German stuff. You may have come across him at Convulsion '94, and he was one of my tireless RQ Con Down Under co-organisers; those of you who attended will recall him as the tall, bearded guy running around organising such diverse things as the canteen and con t-shirts, all the while sewing his Home of the Bold costume! (for a gander at his prize-winning outfit see the photos at David Dunham's web-site).

Please direct future subscription enquiries to Andrew at: "zbraun_at_minyos.xx.rmit.EDU.AU"
or
Andrew Bean,
4 Maggie Street
Yarraville, VIC 3013
telephone: (03) 9687-5523

   *by-the-way, my current RMM salary is exactly $0.00 per annum

Cheers

MOB P.S.
Sandy writes:
>Now, does this mean that I think the Vadeli are "not" bad? Of
>course not. BUT I believe that (a) there is plenty of room for doubt,
>which is why Vadeli are permitted into most everywhere and (b) the
>truth about the Vadeli is far, far worse than the most awful thing
>yet posted about them.

Yes, yes, YES!

>I believe that the Brown Vadeli are obsequious, polite,
>excruciatingly correct in manner and word. The best single-word
>description of a Brown Vadeli is "unctuous".

Sandy appropriately cites Peter Lorre as an example; another cinematic example might be Alan Rickman's Obadiah Slope in the BBc adaption of Trollope's Barchester Towers.