RQ is Dead, will TotRM support RQ?

From: Lewis Jardine <jardine_at_rmcs.cranfield.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 09:32:09 -0700

Hi All

        WRT Simon Phipp's comments on Tales supporting RQ as well as their new product. Firstly, I would like to state for the record that I am not involved in this new product and I have NO inside information. Personally, I prefer BODGERS as the same mechanic can cover any scale of interaction and even interaction between "units" of different scales!

        However, since we are told that the new game will be based on the Pendragon mechanics (a la PendragonPass) then any GM will easily be able to convert skills between scenarios writen for PDP & RQ. The stats remain the same and the only area which might be different is the magic (which we don't know about). Thus while I would recommend that DCH includes RQ percentages in brackets and RQ spells as well (at least initially) I don't see this as a problem.

My main worry is that that this new game system does not delay the publication of future issues of Tales, just when it has got its production run back up to speed!

Cheers

        Lewis