Re: bad vadeli

From: Sandy Petersen <sandyp_at_idgecko.idsoftware.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 10:20:51 -0500

Peter M.

>The Vadeli are _amoral_ rather than immoral. They do not regard what
>they do as evil because they are _beyond_ good and evil. They do not
>believe in Solace.

        I do not agree. They are (rumored to be) immoral and evil. They do not regard what they do as evil because they are so steeped in sin that their consciences are dead.

        The fact that they do not believe in Solace is immaterial. Is an atheist who murders less guilty than a believer? Perhaps he is more so, for a believer might gloss over his act by saying, "My victim is not dead, for his soul lives on." But a non-believer has no such rationalization. In his mind, he has stolen the only existence his victim had.

If rumor be true, the Vadeli are one of the most reprehensible groups in Glorantha. Far worse than trolls or dwarfs, for at least those creatures _do_ have cultural relativism on their side.

        Note: I believe that one of the major sources of Vadeli increase is conversion.

Sandy P.